Wire and cable can be said to be an indispensable and important role in the electrical and electronic industry. Due to the characteristics of electric cable itself, it must be stored, used and transported to comply with certain requirements to ensure the quality of wire and cable products and the safety of use.
Wire and cable storage standards:
If the cable is to be stored for a long time, according to the storage and use location of the cable, the following matters should be noted.
1. Laying cables in underground cable (cable subterráneo) trenches. This environment is easier to control. The cable trench should be checked regularly for dryness.
2. Indoor cables. Standard cables can be used as long as they are not exposed to direct sunlight or ultra-high temperatures. The tubes can also be used to hold cables.
3. Overhead cables (líneas aéreos). Consider the sag and pressure of the cable to decide which bundle to use. It needs to be taken into account that the cable is directly exposed to sunlight.
4. Placement of cables on external walls. Direct sunlight on the wall and human damage need to be avoided.
5. Cables in underground ducts. To facilitate future upgrades as well as cable replacement, isolate the cable surface from the surrounding environment through auxiliary ducts. However, do not hope that the pipeline will always remain dry.
6. Cables in the pipe (plastic or metal). Need to pay attention to the damage problem of plastic pipes and the heat conduction problem of metal pipes.
Safety requirements for wire and cable in storage and use:
1. When the cables cross each other, the high-voltage cables should be below the low-voltage cables. If one of the cables is protected by a tube or separated by a partition within 1m before and after the intersection, the minimum allowable distance is 0.25m.
2. When the cable crosses with the railroad or road, it should be protected by a pipe, and the protection pipe should extend beyond 2m from the track or road.
3. When the cable is close to or crossed with the heat pipe, the minimum distance between parallel and cross is 0.5m and 0.25m respectively if there are heat insulation measures.
4. The cable directly buried in the ground and the general grounding device should be separated by 0.25 ~ 0.5 m. The burial depth of cable underground generally should not be less than 0.7m. And it should be buried under the permafrost layer.
5. The distance between the cable and the building foundation should ensure that the cable is outside the scope of water dispersal of the building. When the cable is introduced into the building, it should be protected by a pipe. And the protection pipe should also be beyond the scope of water dispersal of the building.
Under normal use of the cable and without overload operation, the design life of power copper core cable (cable de núcleo de cobre) with protective sleeving is about 15 years. This time can be greatly reduced if stored or used improperly.
We hope the information can help you. ZMS CABLE offers reliable and economical cables with technical assistance for your installation. If you have any questions, please contact us.